Gov. Haley Barbour inaugurated, Mississippi in good hands

Gov. Haley Barbour was inaugurated for his second term at the state capitol on Tuesday.The Republican Barbour defeated John Arthur Eaves Jr. in the November election, showing that voters were confident in his ability to lead Mississippi effectively for four more years.
    Barbour’s experience in Washington and his impressive, optimistic response to Hurricane Katrina allowed him an easy victory over Eaves.
    Watching footage of the inauguration, it was not hard to see that Barbour was just as confident about a second term as he seemed in the gubernatorial race a couple of months ago.
    With the start of a new year, the state of Mississippi appears to be in good hands and headed in the right direction. Not only does our state have an air of pride with Barbour as governor, but also, according to a Clarion-Ledger report, “Mississippi has seen a surge of jobs and had record employment.”
    It is easy to feel comfortable with someone like Haley Barbour at the helm, and I think a lot of states would be glad to have a governor as effective as he is.
    I don’t want to compare apples to oranges, but the United States will not be as happy with whoever is elected president as Mississippi is with Haley Barbour, not that there aren’t any worthy candidates in the running. I just have a hard time seeing one candidate that is an overwhelmingly strong, wise person that can lead a nation that has so much to worry about.
    I know there is still a long way to go until the presidential election in November, but I hope a few candidates will really step up before then and show the confidence and integrity to lead America.
    With all the positive things I have said about Haley Barbour, you may think I’m pushing him as our next president. Sorry, but that’s not what I’m thinking, although some have said Barbour could have his eyes on the presidential election of 2012.
    Realistically, he will not run for president, but he does have what it takes. With his ties to Washington and his success in Mississippi, he would definitely have a shot. Right now though, he is governor of Mississippi and will be for four more years.
    Our governor knows what he is doing, and regardless of what some might say, he is a guy that is not wrapped up in politicking for his personal benefit. He genuinely is interested in helping Mississippi become a better place in which to live and work. I wish I could say the same for our presidential candidates, but I cannot, at least not yet.
    I guess until then, I should be thankful that my state is well-taken care of even if the Union is not so fortunate. For now I guess I’ll just sing “Three Cheers for Haley Reeves Barbour.