Rack leads Lady Bulldogs with shooting skills

Lady Bulldogs sophomore guard Alexis Rack is ready to be a shooting force in the Southeastern Conference after a successful freshman season.”My best skill in the game is shooting,” Rack said. “I can be versatile, but right now, and most of the time, it is shooting.”
    Out of the 32 games she played last season, she racked up a total of 331 points.
    In the game against Georgia Tech, she contributed a season-high 24 points to the final score.
    At the end of last season, Rack had 15 ten-point games and two twenty-point games for 17 total double-figure point games.
    She was the Lady Bulldogs’ leading scorer seven times, the leading rebounder three times and the top assist player six times.
    Rack credits her family as the biggest influence on her athletic career.
    “I always have support from my family,” Rack said. “They are at all of my home games, which is a six-hour drive for them since we are from Franklin, La.”
    Rack said the transition from last season to this one has been a positive one for the team.
    “At the beginning of last season we did not play together as a team, but by the end of the season we gelled together,” Rack said. “Our team has showed major improvement from last season.”
    Rack said that one of her favorite parts of the game involves her fellow teammate junior guard Marneshia Richard.
    “I like fast break, so Marneshia penetrates and kicks it out to me because it’s like she knows it’s going down,” Rack said. “I also like it when the team is scrapping together and playing hard together.”
    Rack said that she has been impressed with the team’s showing so far this season.
    “I feel really good about this season, even with our first SEC loss,” she said. “It really didn’t make me mad or bring me down. It made me want to work harder and turn it up a notch.”
    Junior forward Lauren Roberts said that Rack brings a lot of characteristics to the team’s personality.
    “She brings many positive things to the team such as her energy, positive influence, and her work ethics,” Roberts said. “She is a hard worker with great energy, and she keeps our attitudes in check. She really keeps everyone in line.”
    Other than her family, Rack said that there was one person that really pushed her and supported her in her basketball career: Lady Bulldogs head coach Sharon Fanning.
    “Coach Fanning has really helped me out by being on me hard,” Rack said. “I really appreciate her being on me because it makes me stay on my game the way I should.”
    Fanning said she has enjoyed seeing the improvement in Rack from last season.
    “Alexis has better intensity and endurance this season,” Fanning said. “I look forward to seeing her improve even more as a player.