Jeral Self

These are brief statements submitted by candidates for Student Association executive office at the request of The Reflector. These statements appear as they were submitted by the candidates. The
    Reflector staff has not edited for content or grammar.When asked why people want to be SA president, many common answers come to mind. I want to make a difference on campus. I want to give back to the university that has given so much to me. I want change. All of these are good response and reasons why I want to become SA president; however, they are not the driving force behind my endeavor. Our university is making changes everyday that affect the lives of students and I want the opinions of the student body to be weighed in those decisions.
    I believe that by serving the student body and learning what the students of Mississippi State need, I can help make decisions and voice opinions similar to those wants and needs. Whether it is an endowed fellows program of the Night Route to ensure future Mississippi State students are provided safe means of transportation home. Or better governmental relations with the city of Starkville. Or a student steering committee, which would allow the voice of the students to meet with Doc head on and resolve conflicts first hand. It is time for the Student Association to stop being a distant entity and return to serve the students. After graduation, with my biomedical engineering degree, I plan to either attend Harvard to obtain a Masters of Public Health degree or enter into medical school, preferably at Johns Hopkins University or University of Alabama-Birmingham. I just want to do something with my life in which I give back and serve all.