iPhone 5 delivers new features

Similar to every Apple event since the first iPhone was released in 2007, the rumors circling the iPhone5 were numerous. Would Apple be changing the universally recognized design?  Will the new model include LTE, one of the looming advantages Android has over Apple. Would Siri be upgraded to read our minds?  Wednesday Apple finally revealed its newest iPhone, and it is perhaps the most significant leap forward yet. The iPhone5 will have a new design, with an extended screen at 4 inches and the overall phone being 18 percent thinner. Instead of the traditional four rows of icons, we are going to see an additional fifth row with upgraded apps. The entire phone is made of glass and aluminum, which allows it to be 20 percent lighter than the iPhone4S. Apple also seems to finally agree with the pleas of its customers and included LTE support on Sprint, Verizon and AT&T. This is going to greatly increase the cellular data speeds when downloading apps and other media. Additionally, there were many upgrades to the internal technology, battery life and, of course, Siri. Overall, Apple managed to deliver on many of the wishes its customers were hoping for. Starting at $199 for a 16GB, Apple once again managed to push the smartphone market forward.