E-readers offer book experience, affordable

So I’m sitting on a bench, immersing myself in some fine literature (like Harry Potter or something) when all of the sudden, I catch a glare from a passerby. In her hand, she holds a thick book bound in some really pretentious leather. I think to myself: “Man, that is some pretentious leather, and why is she glaring at me?”
Her dirty stare probably stemmed from the fact that I was holding an iPad. I’m holding a plastic and glass toy that happens to be loaded with over 70 books  I can switch between whenever I choose. 
Whenever I get tired of Harry being overtly angsty, I can easily switch over to another book (probably with the same amount of angst because, let’s face it, angst is fun).
While I am still offended I was being judged for, you know, reading, I will say I can see why the poor little hipster did what she did. I get the whole nostalgia thing. 
I get that some people get a tingle down their spine when they open a book and smell the must of freshly- printed pages. 
I get that there is nothing like turning pages even though there is a substantial risk of getting a paper cut (printed books are dangerous!), but it’s 2012, people.
We live in a world where people are addicted to refreshing social networks every five seconds. A world where standing in line longer than 30 seconds can result in a mental breakdown. A world where technology surrounds us. Times are changing, and I’m all about going with the flow. 
Here’s the thing: E-books are just another way to read in these high-flying times. 
Shouldn’t we be promoting reading in general rather than wanting to rip an iPad out of someone’s hand and smash the device on the ground, shattering millions of words? 
A little dramatic, I know, but I fear for the life of my iPad (people are animals). 
But good thing E-books can be backed up so you will never lose those precious words, right?
I understand iPads, Nooks and Kindles are not the cheapest, and as poor college students, money definitely does not grow on trees. But on occasional strolls to Barnes & Noble, I see recently released books are in the $20 to $30 price range. 
I almost have a heart attack thinking about spending that much money on one item when I can just open up the Books app and download the same book for $10.
Before you even purchase a book, the Books app offers a free sample. 
Hey, I’ll admit it: I’m lazy, and I do not have time to be gallivanting off to Barnes & Noble every time I want to check out a new book. I mean, what is this, the 1990s?
I have learned one thing about printed book lovers: they are serious and die-hard about the printed word. I am almost sure they all have “Kindles Suck” tattooed on their arms. But really, guys, a book is a book. 
While printed-book lovers “enjoy” the discomfort of holding up a book for prolonged amounts of time, I will just be chilling, holding my iPad with one hand, scarfing down a muffin with the other hand. 
So, I say to you, E-book readers, raise your superb technology above your heads. Blind the judgmental with the lights of your screens (or not, because e-readers with glareless screens exist), and go forth in the dangerous world full of paper cuts and pretentious leather.