Subway scheduled to open on campus next week

When walking past the bakery, Mississippi State students can clearly see the makings of what will be the newest addition to on campus dining options: a Subway.
Scheduled to open sometime in early October, as Bill Broyles, vice president of Student Affairs, said, Subway will be back on campus by popular demand.
“Students have asked us to bring a Subway to campus so we were happy that Subway and Aramark were able to do that for us,” he said.
The efforts to bring the sandwich shop to campus materialized due to collaboration between Aramark, students and campus organizations, such as the Student Association, and the MSU administration.
Broyles said this collaboration was crucial in bringing in new businesses such as Subway as well as Freshens and the P.O.D in Hawthorn Hall.
“When you pay attention to what the students are saying, you are able to provide them with what they want,” he said.
Considering its widespread anticipation, Broyles  said he is optimistic about the grand opening of the new Subway.
“We have all the equipment from Subway; we are just waiting for the location to be ready for it to be moved in. And when it is, I predict there will be lines,” he said
Courtney Bryant, marketing manager for Aramark, said that the opening will be an exciting event.
“The grand opening week will have games, freebies, and of course, subs,” Bryant said. “We encourage the campus community to join us to celebrate the grand opening of Subway at MSU and support the brand that they have been waiting for.”