Law school dean praises MSU program

I write to commend the work of professor Whit Waide in organizing a viable pre-law program at Mississippi State.
I have seen the positive effects of his work with the MSU students interested in law school.
On matters ranging from LSAT preparation to law school selection, Waide makes himself available to the students interested in the legal profession and provides wise counsel.
Of special note is the course Waide has created for those considering the study of law. I spoke with the students in Waide’s course last week and was impressed with the student’s knowledge, energy and awareness.
This course allows the students to focus on those matters relevant to preparing for a legal education.
It was also a special treat to attend the Court of Appeal hearings that MSU hosted this month.
What a great opportunity for the students to see Mississippi’s appellate court in action. It was good to talk with the professors and students who attended.
I am pleased to report that for the first time MSU became the school most attended by the students in the Mississippi College Law incoming class this fall.
Our MSU students are well rounded, active in the life of our law school and holders of key leadership positions.
I know they will go on to productive careers and will be leaders in their communities and in the profession.
While I have commented on the contributions of Whit Waide, let me add that many of the MSU students who attended MC Law majored in a variety of subjects in addition to political science.
Let me commend all professors who contribute to the education of our MSU law students. You have taught well.
We welcome prospective law students, professors or members of the MSU administration to visit MC Law in Jackson at any time of the year.
Our web site at www.law.mc.edu has additional information. I wish your fine school well.