Bulldog Bash pep rally today

Mississippi State University’s Student Association encourages MSU students to wear white and cheer loudly during the Bulldog Bash pep rally tonight at 5:15 in the Cotton District.
The rally is put on by the SA History and Traditions Committee.
It is designed to be a chance for students, friends and family to show Bulldog spirit before the concert begins.
Vijay Kannuthurai, co-director of the committee, said students should wear white to the rally as a nod to the Bulldog’s 2000 Independence Bowl win over Texas A&M.
“(The Independence Bowl) was the last time we played Texas A&M,” Kannuthurai said. “The game was played in a driving snowstorm, and Mississippi State wore white jerseys and eventually won the game in overtime. It has since been known as the “Snow Bowl” and we decided to adopt the concept for our Dawg Rally.”
Kannuthurai also said Wayne Madkin, MSU’s quarterback during the “Snow Bowl” game, will be speaking at the rally.
Kannuthurai said he believes Madkin’s appearance will be special for students who remember watching the Independence Bowl as a child.
He also said the pep rally will feature a highlight film of the game for those students who are not familiar with it.
Students in attendance at the rally will have the opportunity to get prizes including mini footballs, T-shirts and pom-poms.
The SA History and Traditions Committee teamed up with local sponsors such as Mugshots and Campus Bookmart to provide some bigger prizes as well.
Taylor Williams, co-director of history and traditions with Kannuthurai, said she hopes the Bulldog Bash rally will be “bigger and better” than past pep rallies at MSU.
“We have a great speaker, and the cheerleaders have been working really hard on a great routine that will be very entertaining,” Williams said. “After the loss to Alabama last week, it’s really important that our student body continues to believe (in) and support our Dawgs.”
Matt McClellan, junior kinesiology major and member of the History and Traditions Committee, said he cannot wait for the weekend to arrive.
“I hope to see a good portion of the student body at the Dawg Rally Friday,” McClellan said. “It’s a great opportunity to show your school spirit as well as get pumped up for the game on Saturday. I enjoyed the rally before the Homecoming game and cannot wait for these events to have attendance similar to the Dawg Walk.”
McClellan said he hopes his fellow students are as “pumped up” as he is about the rally and the game against Texas A&M.
Williams also said friends and family members visiting from out of town are encouraged to come to the rally.
“The Dawg Rally will be a great evening for you and your family, (and) a great way to support the Bulldogs as they take on Texas A&M this week,” Williams said. “It will be good time to fellowship and to show your spirit for your team.”