SA Senate passes three resolutions Tuesday

On Tuesday, the Mississippi State University Student Association Senate met to discuss four bills and three resolutions.
Bill 12
The Senate unanimously passed Bill 12, which details the disbursement of money from SA to 17 MSU student organizations. The appropriations committee of SA Senate, along with SA treasurer, determined to allocate a total of $9,300 across the organizations that requested money.
Bill 13
Bill 13 was brought before the Senate by Senator John Michael Vanhorn. The bill revises the limitations of campaign expenditures for candidates running for SA positions in the general election. Previously, candidates could spend a maximum of $1000 for campaign spending and an additional $150 in the case of a runoff.
The senate voted to change the maximum expenditure for the general election to $1750 and $250 for a runoff. The second part of the bill eliminated expenses for any materials purchased by the candidate for resale to their supporters from being included in the expense voucher.
Bill 14
The senate passed Bill 14 concerning the composition of the President’s Council. The accepted bill details the positions that make up the 20 members.  Three new positions were opened on the council for the Distinguished Scholars chairperson, the Maroon VIP president and the president of Foundation Ambassadors. The advisory council will meet at the SA president’s request to talk about MSU student issues and report the statuses of each member’s respective organization.
The President’s Council will also meet twice a month with a member from the Division of Student Affairs.