Romney to visit, provide lecture on global issues

Mississippi State University will welcome former Massachusetts Govenor Mitt Romney as the featured speaker for the 2015 Global Lecture Series on Wednesday.
The Global Lecture Series is a longstanding program that serves to provide students at MSU with an opportunity to hear and be involved with various perspectives on global issues. 
In recent years, MSU has hosted Condoleezza Rice, F.W. de Klerk, Gen. Colin Powell, James Carville and Mary Matalin, J.M.G. LeCiezio and Joseph E. Stiglitz, Karl Rove, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Martin Luther King III and others as featured speakers for the series.
This year, Romney will be on campus to follow in a tradition of notable speakers providing insight and thoughts on global issues to students at MSU.
According to the Office of Public Affairs at MSU, Romney will speak at 6 p.m. at Lee Hall in Bettersworth Auditorium for a free public lecture followed by a brief question and answer session.
Anyone wishing to attend the program must have tickets. Tickets are currently sold out, but overflow tickets can be obtained at the Center for Student Activities in MSU’s Colvard Student Union, Suite 314.
JoJo Dodd, chief administrative officer for the Student Association at MSU, said he believes the attendance will be remarkable.
“We are completely sold out of general admission tickets to the event in Lee Hall,” Dodd said. “When tickets were made available at 8 a.m., there was a line through the building and down the stairs of the Union. The student and community response has been overwhelmingly positive for this event. However, overflow tickets are still available in Union suite 314 and will allow students to watch a simulcast of the event in the Colvard Student Union ballroom.”
Brett Harris, SA president at MSU, said he hopes for a great outcome from the event.
“I hope Governor Romney will provide his perspective on business, leadership, global issues and key challenges facing our nation and the world. The Global Lecture Series is a great program that allows MSU students to learn first hand from leaders of the world,” Harris said.