SEC Football Playoff Board of Managers welcomes Keenum

Mississippi State University President Mark E. Keenum has been appointed to the College Football Playoffs Board of Managers.
The CFP Board of Managers is the entity that oversees the CFP Administration, LLC., the company that manages the administrative operations of the College Football Playoff. The board governs the actions of the 10 Football Bowl Subdivision conferences: American Athletic, Atlantic Coast, Big Ten, Big 12, Conference USA, Mid-American, Mountain West, Pac-12, Southeastern and Sun Belt, as well as the University of Notre Dame. 
Keenum said he is honored to represent not only the Southeastern Conference, but also MSU.
“I am very honored to have been appointed for this position. My first thought was ‘how much time will it take?’ If I am going to commit to something, I have to make sure that I can fully commit. I take this role very seriously. The SEC is the premiere athletic conference, and I want to represent us well. I am particularly proud of Mississippi State because we strive for quality and excellence on the field and in the classrooms. I promise to represent the SEC and this great university to the best of my ability,” Keenum said.Keenum will replace former University of Florida President Bernie Machen as the SEC’s representative on the board.
Jasmine Bogard, junior communication major, said she believes Keenum is the perfect man for this position.
“I have the utmost respect for President Keenum. He has a passion for this university that I admire and appreciate. He’s a man with a plan, and I know he will excel on the board,” Bogard said. “I’m sure President Keenum has the full support of every MSU student and faculty member. The SEC has a rich history and President Keenum will make it so that it continues to flourish.”
The board handles the company’s annual budgets, policies and operating guidelines. Other duties include appointing and removing company officers and monitoring all company operations.
Bill Broyles, MSU interim vice president, said Keenum’s many experiences have more than prepared him for this position.
“President Keenum will bring a lot of wisdom and skill to the board. He is well respected throughout the country, and many people want his expertise,” Broyles said. “President Keenum is a part of many organizations including the Board of Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. There is no doubt that he’s a busy man, but he is an exceptional manger of time. His being nominated means people are coming to understand what a dynamic leader MSU has.”