Flex dollars to be used in Dudy Noble, Hump, Davis Wade

Mississippi State University’s Dining Services will extend the use of flex dollars to be used at Davis Wade Stadium, Humphrey Coliseum and Dudy Noble Field beginning in the fall of 2015.
 Stemming from student concerns, former Student Association President Rhett Hobart first went to Jason Nall, Executive director and senior resident district manager, in 2010 to explore ways to make this a reality for students. Continuing to get this suggestion from students, SA President Brett Harris decided last fall to go ahead with plans. Taking five years to implement after its initial request, MSU dining services and campus concessions worked out the logistics and the point of sale technology to implement the new system.
The meal plan flex dollar redemption will happen in three phases. In 2015, flex dollars can be used at the north and south end zone concession stands. Later in the fall they can be used in designated stands at the Hump, and lastly, in spring 2016 flex dollars can be used at the main concession stand at Dudy Noble Field.
 Jason Nall said the idea was to increase dining services’ usability.
“We look at this as another way to make MSU Dining’s meal plan program user friendly,” Nall said. “Our goal is to provide the most flexible, value-driven and cutting edge meal plan program as possible. As our meal plan members evolve, our meal plan program must also evolve. I believe this shows how much the SA values student feedback and the real changes that can be made.”
MSU Dining Services believes this will potentially increase the enrollment and satisfaction with meal plan flex dollars. With 6,000 students enrolled in the plan, it gives flexibility in what students can eat on campus.
Bill Broyles, vice president of student affairs, said SA approached him with the request to extend flex dollar usage. 
 Dining services will add $25 dollars extra to the meal plan to take care of the cost of this added service.
According to Broyles, the impact of the flex dollar extension will create a convenience for students while in football stands.
 “It takes a lot of people to work together to make this happen,” he said.  “And it is just proof of how administration does listen to the concerns of the students.”