Local church hosts festivities for children

The Bethlehem Church of Starkville will hold a ‘Fall Festival’ and a ‘Trunk or Treat’ event on Sunday from 3-6 p.m.

The Bethlehem Church is located at 101 GT Thames Drive. Pastor Brandon Frazier, a Starkville native who has been involved in ministry since the early 2000s, said he hopes the event will get people through the doors of the church and let the community know they really enjoy being in the city.

“Our church is relatively new. We’ve only been in Starkville for 10 months,” he said. “We just wanted to do something to benefit the community while also attracting people to our church. We want people to know that we are indeed here.”

Frazier said the community is welcome to attend the apostolic church for Sunday morning service at 10 a.m. or on Wednesday nights for ‘Grow Groups,’ at 6:30 p.m. He said Sunday’s events will be an opportunity to bring families together.

“It represents a time where people can have fun and enjoy themselves in a church setting and realize that it’s also about family, connecting and growing with one another,” he said. 

The ‘Fall Festival’ and ‘Trunk or Treat’ will consist of a bouncy house, a dunking booth, games, prizes and more. 

For more information regarding the church and its events, call (662) 617-4425, or connect with them on Facebook at Bethlehem Church of Starkville.