Bachelor visits MSU

Abby Ready | Courtesy Photograph

Delta Gamma President Katie Berry, Sean Lowe, Catherine Lowe and Delta Gamma VP of Foundation Erin Walker Dillard (pictured L-R). 

Monday night, Sean and Catherine Lowe from ABC’s hit TV show “The Bachelor” attended Mississippi State University for a Q&A session to discuss all things love, life and “The Bachelor.”  The two lovebirds were brought in on behalf of Delta Gamma’s Dorothy Garrett Martin Lectureship in Values and Ethics. 

This couple’s love story is nothing short of a match made in “The Bachelor” fairytale land. 

“Neither one of us ever imagined ourselves being on some crazy reality show like “The Bachelor,” Catherine Lowe said.

Sean    is known as “America’s most loved bachelor” due to the way he kept his own moral convictions throughout the process and how he did not give in to what the show desired for him to be.  He made season 17 of “The Bachelor” like no other. During the Q&A session, Catherine said if Sean had not been the bachelor, she would have never agreed to be on the show. 

“The way he carried himself—the way he respected others, I just knew there was something special about him,” she said. 

When Sean was asked when he knew Catherine would be the one to whom he would give the final rose, he said, “I knew when there were only three girls left that it was Catherine. I just couldn’t stop thinking about her.”

This couple has impressed “The Bachelor” loving world with the feat of actually sticking with the marriage, all while enjoying the ride.  They credit this feat to their faith in Jesus Christ, which is the reason this couple is such an incredible role model to so many. 

The Hump was filled with Bachelor-loving fans Monday. Caroline Stewart, junior Delta Gamma member, said it was an “absolute dream come true” to host the upstanding celebrities.  

The lectureship event was free to the public and allowed students, adults and children to come out and hear “The Bachelor” speak.