‘Hunger Games’ trilogy comes to end: movie receives great reviews

“The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2,” the Sci-Fi adventure film starring Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth premiered in theaters last weekend.
This film specifically focuses on Lawrence’s character, Katniss Everdeen, who is the face of the Panem rebellion. Throughout the entire movie Everdeen (Lawrence) defies the rebel leader. The rebel leader wants Katniss to only be the face of the rebellion, but Katniss wants to be on the main front fighting in the rebellion.
There is also twist in regards to romance portrayed in the film. Katniss, who was viciously attacked at the end of “Mockingjay Part 1” by her former friend and lover, spends the entire movie trying to help Hutcherson’s character, Peeta, regain his memory. It is now about regaining trust between one another.    
“Mockingjay Part 2,” is the final movie in The Hunger Games series and did not leave the audience disappointed.
Meredith Nale, junior business administration major, said she felt the film met her expectations. She said she felt real emotions when certain characters died and she believes the death created more dislike towards a certain leader, which was a major plot turning point in the movie.
 “It was very suspenseful and moved the story very well,” Nale said. “I feel like it ended the series okay.”
Nale went to the Thursday 9:30 p.m. showing at Hollywood Premier Cinemas, in Starkville. She said there was a huge turnout that caused the lobby to be congested while the crowd waited to enter the screening rooms.
The Hunger Games series is one of the most popular of its time due to the many different meanings it gives the audience members. Everdeen’s character is rare because she is a female hero.
According to New York Times author, Manohla Dargis, the girl—woman, who is fighting for a better Panem is aspirational, as well as inspirational. Women often play sleazy or damsel in distress characters making the female hero a legendary character.
“The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 2” was a great way to end The Hunger Games series with its suspense, female lead and the way the plot emotionally engaged the audience. The film is rated PG-13 due to its apocalyptic violence and is 2 hours and 16 minutes of suspense.