Kappa Kappa Psi chapter helpful since 1994

Mississippi State University’s Epsilon Chapter of the band fraternity Kappa Kappa Psi, celebrated its annual Founder’s Day last on April 20. This weekend, the chapter held a commemorative dinner to acknowledge the accomplishments of members throughout the year and share with past alumni. 
Since the fraternity’s recharter in 1994, led then by the late Allen Kent, Kappa Kappa Psi has provided assistance throughout the MSU campus as well as community service around Starkville. 
The fraternity has been involved with two different organizations this year. They helped with a food drive for St. Joseph’s Catholic Church in Starkville, in which the fraternity members bagged and handed food out to those in need. Also, members got more involved with Habitat for Humanity, and provided aid in the construction of new homes in the community. 
On April 11, the Epsilon chapter assisted with the reinstatement of Alcorn State University’s chapter of Kappa Kappa Psi. Alcorn, just like MSU, will now be among the ranks of other Mississippi chapters, such as University of Mississippi and University of Southern Mississippi. The chapter’s closest neighbor is the University of Alabama which just installed its chapter this month. With new chapters arising, Kappa Kappa Psi’s Epsilon chapter hopes more students will become new members.
As the president of Kappa Kappa Psi, Devin Dedeaux expressed what the characteristics are for being a member of Kappa Kappa Psi. 
“I would say the person would have to be somebody more guided towards service,” Dedeaux said. “They would have to be motivated to do more than what’s expected of them, and that’s what everyone in the fraternity is here for. They feel concerned and then want to be involved with things going on.
Dedeaux also expressed a canon of the fraternity, which is to do more for the band, school and community in order to leave a positive mark at MSU.
Craig Aarhus, the associate director of bands and Epsilon’s co-sponsor, said he is pleased with Dedeaux’s guidance and likes the direction the fraternity is headed in regards to its legacy. 
“I see this chapter right now as being in a really good place, and that is primarily because of the strong student leadership,” Aarhus said. “The president is the person that really sets the tone for the chapter, and Devin served very well this year. Because of that, I think I can project that we’re going to see the good works of the chapter continue.” 
Kappa Kappa Psi welcomes any eligible band students who may be interested in joining its organization, next fall.