International students to showcase cultural dances

The International Student Advisory Board will bring back Dance Around the World in conjunction with Unity Week on April 24.
Dance Around the World is a program designed for different student dance groups to get together and perform dance styles from across the world. The event was an annual event put on by recreational sports, but was put on hold after 2012.  The performances can range from solos, duos, and groups in general. ISAB is looking to fill 25 spot during its auditions. 
Sara Ghazaleh, member of the ISAB, feels this program will increase diversity and allow international students to become accustomed to American culture.
“The impact of this event will enhance the diversity more and allow international students to feel more welcome and comfortable,” said Ghazaleh.
The ISAB is currently taking applications, and everyone is encouraged to participate.
Katja Walters, the president of ISAB, believes Dance Around the World is another way to bring people together from different cultural backgrounds and a way for people in different cultures to show pride in their origins.
“My goal is to bring cultural awareness to people by showcasing dances from around the world,” said Walters.
Dance Around the World will be the first big event that ISAB has planned with the assistance of the Holmes Cultural Diversity Center.