Clinton hopefully to announce 2016 campaign

Is she running? Is she running?! Everything during the past couple of months has been full of speculation and a series of timely predictions about a potential Hillary Clinton presidential campaign. I believe that time is now slowly upon us.  It was announced last week that a building in Brooklyn, New York, – believed to be leased out by members of the Clinton inner circle – will serve as campaign headquarters.  This is presumed to be one of  Clinton’s final steps before officially announcing and throwing her hat in the ring. This is one instance in a series of important clues that have come to light pointing to Hillary Clinton announcing her run at the presidency in the coming days.  

​According to Federal Election Commission rules, a candidate has only 15 days between conducting campaign activities and filing official paperwork for 2016, and the signing of the lease appears to set that time clock in motion.  There has been lots of secrecy regarding her potential campaign, but now there seems to be  light at the end of the tunnel.  Clinton is viewed as the frontrunner for the Democratic nomination, as well as leading numerous national polls to win the general election against any potential Republican nominee.  I expect her to make a speech or a big announcement over social media once she decides to join the race. 

​In recent days, on the Republican side, Senator Rand Paul of Kentucky and Senator Ted Cruz of Texas have both announced their intentions to run for the Presidency in 2016 as well. Paul is somewhat of an intriguing candidate to me. I don’t personally agree with many of his arguments and what he represents, but he is someone who seems to be quite knowledgeable on a few popular issues like marijuana decriminalization and reforming elements of the criminal justice system and restoring voting rights to former convicts. But he seems to lack enough knowledge and experience in the foreign policy arena at times, which should now be a key requirement, with so much turmoil and violence across the globe.  If Hillary Clinton does run and wins the Democratic nomination, the Republican Party will have a battle on its hands throughout the Republican primary with many candidates who are too extreme and conservative to other candidates who are seen as too moderate and not conservative enough. Many of these types of candidates have often stated conflicting or controversial opinions on hot button issues dealing with abortion, marriage equality and immigration in the past.  

Clinton herself has continued to be a polarizing figure throughout her life. The probability of becoming the first female President of the United States is interesting to many, now than ever before.  This move will often play a factor in the minds of potential voters, making her more intriguing. Clinton has a major social media presence, with over three million followers on Twitter, which she and her staff use wisely to voice thoughts and stances on current issues happening around the world and the country, including the recent Religious Freedom Act controversy and continuing to shine a brighter light on women’s rights issues.  

According to MSNBC, Clinton will focus on more grassroots outreach and small dollar donations during this residential run, which then-candidate Obama took advantage of back in 2008.  One of the super PACS associated with her, Ready for Hillary, is beginning to shut down, and when she finally announces many of the senior staff members will join the potential campaign in waiting.  She is someone who has stood up for her beliefs and held firm ground against critics.  I consider myself a supporter of Hillary Clinton and would stand by her with the decision to run for President. I believe she would be a good candidate and someone who is moderate enough to reach across party lines and work with the Republicans, if they are willing to finally work together. She is someone I feel knows her way around working in Washington and how to get things done.   Her résumé is second to none against potential candidates.