UBS to host multiple blood drives before Bulldog weekend

United Blood Services (UBS) and WMSV 91.1 will host  multiple blood drive events leading into Super Bulldog Weekend. The drives will last from April 12-17 and will be located all throughout Mississippi State University campus.
Each donor can expect a free T-shirt, a raffle entry for that day’s prize and a free cover to Rick’s Café on April 25. Finally, donors will receive a raffle ticket for the grand prize of a semester of free books. The winner will be announced on April 17. 
Caroline Pugh, UBS donor recruitment representative, said giving blood means so much but requires so little.
“United Blood Services makes a commitment to hospitals to provide them with blood. We are so dependent on donors so that we can fulfill that promise. I know students want to help. Giving blood is such a wonderful gift that doesn’t cost money, only a little time,” Pugh said.
Pugh said UBS set a high goal, but she fully believes the student body will and can achieve it.
“Our goal is 250 pints. It’s always better to aim high rather than aim low, right?” she said.
Greg Abadie, junior chemical engineering major and longtime blood donor, said giving blood should be seen as a vital obligation.
“I first gave blood on my 16th birthday. I feel like it is our personal responsibility to give if we are able to. In just 15 minutes, you can provide a donation to save three lives,” junior chemical engineering major and a long time blood donor Greg Abadie, said
UBS encourages interested participants to make an appointment ahead of time. Future donors can visit bloodhero.com or call Pugh at 662-321-9988 to reserve a time. 
Steve Ellis, WMSV general manager, said he loves helping his community and is a proud supporter of this project.
“This drive is a great way to end the semester,” Steve Ellis said. “We at WMSV like to do what we can to support the community. I know blood supply is always low, and I am proud to do whatever I can to help with that problem. MSU students are some of the most giving students in the world, so I have no doubt that we will achieve our goal.”