Baseball returns to action

Following a tough road series last weekend at Kentucky, the home standing MSU baseball team looks to get back to its usual winning ways this weekend against Auburn.
The Bulldogs played in Pearl on Tuesday and suffered a 3-0 loss to University of Southern Mississippi. Lucas Laster was on the mound for the Bulldogs and recorded his fourth consecutive quality start. This was the first time since last season against LSU that the Bulldogs had been shut out. 
This weekend the Bulldogs will face a tough and scrappy Auburn team at Dudy Noble Field. The Auburn Tigers aren’t having a dream season this year with a 1-5 record in SEC play, but have had a difficult start to the conference schedule with series against No. 3 Texas A&M and No. 2 Vanderbilt. The Bulldogs are looking to come back strong and continue their winning ways in the SEC.
MSU faced Kentucky last weekend and managed to win the series in Lexington. Expect to see work from Ross Mitchell on the mound this weekend as he plans to step up and be a leader the recently-struggling Bulldog bullpen needs. 
The first pitch of the series is set for 6:30 p.m. on Friday. MSU averages about 8,000 people per game this year. The Bulldogs are 18-9 on the year and look to improve their 2-4 record in SEC play and get it back over .500.