HCDC presents International Fiesta

The Holmes Cultural Diversity Center of Mississippi State University will host the 25th annual International Fiesta from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday on the Drill Field.

Throughout the years, the HCDC and the Multicultural Lions Club have gathered a tremendous amount of international students each with their own unique culture, including music, dancing and food.

Joby Czarnecki, head coordinator for the event, said it is great exposure for international students as well as Americans.

“People seldom come out and see the world. The fiesta is an opportunity for students who haven’t been out of the U.S. to see other cultures and learn everywhere is not like home,” Czarnecki said.

The event has grown over the past 25 years. 

Amy Harrison, vice president of the Multicultural Lions Club, agrees.

“This is the 25th year of the International Fiesta, which is a big deal. It started as a tiny event in front of Kroger, and it has eventually grown into a huge Mississippi State event,” Harrison said.

Food is a huge part of the fiesta as well. There will be a variety of traditional cuisines served during the event.

“The food is wonderful. I’ve never had anything I didn’t like,” Harrison said.

Since the International Fiesta is an outdoor event, if weather conditions are not up to par the event will be moved to the concourse of Davis Wade Stadium.