Bulldog fans, who do you have? Sports editors from Georgia, Alabama weigh in on upcoming championship

Teams from the University of Alabama and the University of Georgia will face off in the NCAA College Football Playoff National Championship on Jan. 10. 

It’s the time of year that college football fans have long awaited— finding out who is the best of the best. Undoubtedly, beloved readers of The Reflector have their opinions on just who they think will wind up the victor between the University of Alabama Crimson Tide and the University of Georgia Bulldogs come Jan. 10, when the two match up in Indianapolis for all the marbles. First, however, they might want to hear from some people a bit closer to the two teams.

• Ashlee Woods, Sports Editor at The Crimson White, The University of Alabama.

“This game has a slightly different feel to it than the SEC Championship. Then, everyone thought Georgia was this unbeatable force that Alabama couldn’t handle. Now that both teams dominated in their semifinal games, some people are expecting a more competitive game. I’m in that camp. Georgia was actually battling before Alabama opened up the game in the second half with two turnovers. I expect a somewhat cleaner performance from Georgia, which will force Alabama to play their most complete game of the season. That’s something we haven’t seen since Ole Miss and Mississippi State.”

• Jake Jennings, Assistant Sports Editor at The Red & Black, The University of Georgia.  

“Well, on our side of things we have noticed that in the first SEC matchup, the SEC championship, Georgia failed to record a sack. Getting to Bryce Young will be critical in the natty and could help to limit the use of Jameson Williams. Also on the flip side, Georgia’s offensive line stopped Aidan Hutchinson. Will that carry over to this game against Dallas Turner and Will Anderson? Also, which Stetson Bennett shows up will be critical to Georgia’s chances, especially in limiting turnovers. As the national championship approaches, Georgia’s student newspaper, The Red and Black, wants to know who you, the students of Mississippi State, will be pulling for.”

There you have it Bulldog faithful. Both sides have weighed in and made their arguments. The sports desk of The Reflector decided to gauge just how MSU students and fans felt about the matchup, so we sent out some polls to several groups across campus, and the results came back 80% in favor of the other Bulldogs. However, there are some fans who refuse to count out Nick Saban and his Crimson Tide, especially after their convincing win in the SEC Championship. That only leaves one question, Cowbell family. 

Who are you rooting for?

Tanner Marlar
Tanner Marlar, Former Managing Editor
Tanner Marlar served as the Managing Editor from 2022 to 2023. He also served as the Sports Editor from 2021 to 2022.