MSU student dies in off-campus apartment

Twenty-one-year-old Mississippi State University student Andrew Bollacker died of natural causes around 4 p.m. Thursday in his apartment in Twenty One Apartments, an off-campus apartment complex. 
Bollacker was a junior accounting major. 
Michael Hunt, Oktibbeha County Coroner, confirmed the deceased student was Bollacker and said Bollacker’s autopsy results indicate his cause of death was natural. 
Bollacker’s body was discovered by apartment complex maintenance personnel during routine maintenance checks Thursday, according to Lieutenant Brett Watson of the Oktibbeha County Sheriff’s Department. 
“During routine checks personnel found the body and we were phoned to come and inspect,” Watson said. “The body was taken to a Jackson lab and the autopsy results determined no foul play and natural cause of death.” 
A Twenty One Apartments staff member declined to comment on the incident. 
Sid Salter, MSU Chief Communications Officer, expressed sympathy for Bollacker’s loved ones on behalf of himself and the university. 
“Anytime we lose one of our students, it’s incredibly tragic,” he said. “For a student to lose their life so young, it’s very sad. Especially for someone of my age to recall. The friends and family of Bollacker are in our thoughts and prayers.”