Juva Juice brings fruit smoothies to Sanderson

New school year, new classes, new adventures and new additions to the Mississippi State University campus – new seems to be the word on everyone’s mind this month. One of the newest additions to MSU’s campus is Juva Juice.

Jamie Gatlin, Juva Juice employee, said Juva Juice also has a location on Highway 12 but decided they needed to expand on campus and recently opened a location in the Sanderson Center due to the demand.

“They noticed that a lot of people were getting smoothies after their workouts, so they decided it would be a good idea to open one in the Sanderson,” Gatlin said.

The juice bar is open from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. during the weekdays. Fortunately for MSU students, it accepts flex dollars as a form of payment. Gatlin also mentioned that it is fun to work at the Sanderson location because she gets to interact with athletes that pick up a smoothie after their workouts.

EJ Jenkins, also an employee at Juva Juice, said the atmosphere in the Sanderson Center makes it a wonderful place to work.

“The environment is relaxed, and it is a great place to work,” Jenkins said.

The most popular drink according to employees is the “Nelly.” The smoothie was named after someone who frequently ordered the combination at Juva. Although the Nelly is popular, Jenkins’s favorite is the Kiwi-licious smoothie. Gaitlin said Juva is growing in popularity and it is especially crowded between the hours of 5-8 p.m.

“Most students are headed to work out after classes at this time,” Gatlin said.

The juice bar also offers the choice to add a boost to each of their smoothies. It has a wide variety including protein, bone and joint support, energy, immune support and its most popular, fat burner. Kelsey Jones, sophomore apparel, textiles and merchandise major, said the assortments of additions customers can add are great.

“I love to add an energy boost to my smoothie after a workout,” Jones said.

Juva also sells protein bars to aid in recovery after an intense workout. Whether it be a morning boost or an afternoon pick me up, Juva Juice has a smoothie to meet each and every student’s need.