Fall television makes exciting return

Fall television promises a lot this year, and there is much to look forward to as popular television programs enter final seasons and new programs arrive to take their place.

“Sons of Anarchy” will enter its seventh and final season. Viewers of the show will witness the conclusion of the tale of the SAMCRO motorcycle club and its leader, Jax. The question of whether or not all of the missing pieces will finally come together  is on everyone’s mind. However, the shades of gray painted by the writers may reveal an ambiguous ending.  

For fans of quirky comedy, “New Girl” will entertain. Following the hijinks of Jess Day and her three contrasting roommates, episodes take viewers from awkward weddings to canyon getaways with plenty of one-liners in between. And how many fans of the show haven’t recreated True American, the drinking game with patriotic, albeit baffling, rules?

It might be hard to believe that America has already seen six years of “The Voice,” but the show is slated to enter season seven this year. Gwen Stefani and Pharrell Williams will be introduced this season as new vocal coaches, alongside veterans Adam Levine and Blake Shelton. The show’s unique candidate selection offers more value to the viewers as they get to see their favorite musicians select talent based purely on their voices. 

Coming a few years after the end of Christopher Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy is Fox Network’s new drama, “Gotham.” The show will feature young detective Jim Gordon and Bruce Wayne. Gordon’s rise to police commissioner is an emphasis of the show, exploring the character in a new light. Other villains in the Batman universe will also have their origin stories revealed which will offer fresh perspectives on why these villains must face Batman instead of coming head-to-head with Gordon.  

Other notable premieres include “Hell’s Kitchen,” “The Biggest Loser, and “The Mindy Project.”