MMP provides insight into student preferences

Early last week, Music Maker Productions at Mississippi State University published a survey to the students and the community members of Starkville to get feedback on its work to bring entertainment to the Starkville-Golden Triangle area.
Thomas Fitzner, Columbus, Mississippi native and senior international business and French major, serves as student director of Music Maker Productions. Fitzner was responsible for collecting the data of the survey and using the data to aid in the decision making process. Fitzner outlined how MMP goes from the planning of a show to the booking and execution of a show. 
“It starts with research, and then it goes into seeing who is available,” Fitzner said. “Then from who is available to what would work for the Mississippi State and Starkville community.” 
Fitzner also said his dream show at Mississippi State would include Theophilus London and Travis Scott opening for Justin Bieber hosted in the third floor of the Colvard Student Union in the office of Emilie Cravens, who serves as adviser for MMP. 
“From the survey, the Hump has been determined as one of the most preferred venues,” Fitzner said.
  Lauren Guisinger, senior communications major from Nashville, Tennessee said she assists in publicizing MMP events. 
“Of the people surveyed, Snapchat was a popular social media option,” Guisinger said. “So we have now created a Snapchat account where we will be posting exclusive content before any other media outlet about our shows.” 
Guisinger said her dream concert at Mississippi State would consist of Rock Eupora and Kings of Leon opening for Grateful Dead hosted in the Dawg House inside the Colvard Student Union.
Alex Coats, sophomore communications major from College Station, Texas, serves as the newly created position, Old Main assistant director.  Coats’s focus is Old Main, but that does not take away from his commitment to MMP as a whole. 
“The way it works in my mind, we constantly have artists that we are always wanting to bring,” Coats said. “There are certain situations where they may fit perfect, and sometimes they don’t.”