Fashion Board to hold High Trashion Show

Mississippi State University’s Fashion   Board has teamed up with NOMAS, National Organization of Minority Architecture Students, to put on the sixth annual High Trashion Show. 

The iconic show will be held at The Bridge in Giles Hall at 7 p.m. on Wednesday.

Each year the architecture students build high fashion clothing using  out-of-the-ordinary clothing materials such as newspapers, garbage bags, bottle tops, bubble wrap, duct tape and many other oddities. 

The partnership between Fashion Board and the architecture students works remarkably well. The two ends of the student spectrum work hand in hand. 

The creativity of each year’s show grows and produces innovative clothing with each passing year.

Shelby              Given, sophomore communication major and  model, said viewers can expect to see bold and stunning looks on each of the models.

“Not only will the models be wearing the ‘trashion’ clothes, but also some models will wear normal clothes,” she said. 

Trendy casual clothes will also be in the mix to provide for the ultimate high fashion runway show.

Before the show, a ‘Junk 2 Funk’ sale will line the halls of Giles. The sale begins at 3 p.m. and allows Starkville vendors to sell vintage and recycled clothing as well as regular clothes, and according to Maggie Cresswell, sophomore  psychology major and backstage worker, a new vendor called Gypster Veil will be featured.

Maggie Wheeler, sophomore pre-accounting major and Fashion Board makeup artist, said the models’ makeup and hair will feature the high fashion bold looks of today. 

“The makeup will match the dauntless looks of the outfits,” she said.

The High Trashion Show is a hit every year, and the design and architecture of the outfits showcases the talent of every student involved in the creation and presentation of the clothes. 

The outfits are created to perfectly fit the model, and the time and effort required for the building of the clothes is enormous. The show will be an exciting display of the creativity found on campus.