Seasoned chemistry professor dies Wednesday

William Henry
Courtesy Photo
William Henry

William “Bill” Henry, Mississippi State University associate professor of chemistry for 26 years, passed away Wednesday after being diagnosed with cancer in the fall.
Greg Dunaway, dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, said Henry was friendly and personable and loved MSU sports.
He was a great person. He was extremely supportive of his students. He was an excellent classroom teacher and worked closely with the honors program,” Dunaway said. “The students really liked him. I was at his service this past weekend, and it was filled with students — both graduate and undergraduate students, as well as numerous international students. He was a really special professor, and we are going to miss him a lot.”
Henry completed his doctoral work at the University of Nebraska and his post-doctoral research at Dartmouth College and Wayne State University. His wife, Jacqueline “Jackie” Edwards-Henry, also works at MSU as a music professor.
Memorial donations for Henry can be made to the MSU Chemistry Department, St. Joseph Catholic Church of Starkville or Hannah and Friends nonprofit organization.