Athletic department adds experience to media staff

After a three-month search, the Mississippi State University Athletic Department announced the hire of Bill Martin as the assistant athletic director for media relations Thursday.
Martin comes to MSU from Louisiana State Universiy where he finishes his time as the associate sports information director.
In a news release, Martin said he is extremely excited to be a part of the Bulldog family.
“After many trips to Starkville over the years, I know that Mississippi State is a special place with great, hard-working people,” Martin said. “The leadership is strong, and the staff has a passion for making the fan and student-athlete experience unforgettable. I am proud to join the team and look forward to being a part of the community.”
Martin graduated from LSU in December 2007 with a bachelor’s degree in general studies with concentrations in sport studies, business administration and communication studies. After graduation, he worked at the University of Florida for a semester before returning to the bayou to work full-time in June of 2008. He has worked closely with the Tiger football team and women’s basketball team.
At MSU, Martin will be the primary football contact for media relations and serve as the department’s spokesman.
Scott Wetherbee, MSU senior associate athletic director, said Martin’s passion will be a great addition to the athletic department.
“We could not be more excited to have Bill join our staff,” Wetherbee said. “His experience working with national media members will continue to further our efforts telling the story of Mississippi State.”
Martin was congratulated by numerous people via Twitter Thursday, and he tweeted about his new job as well. 
“It’s official. Come January I will be a @msstate Bulldog as new Assistant AD/Director Media Relations! #HailState…The No. 1 thing that sold me on @msstate was the people. I am a people person and I look forward to being a part of the #HailState community…My last day here at @LSUsports will be before Christmas. Start at @msstate on Jan. 6 And yes My Twitter handle will change #Hail State,” Martin tweeted in a series of three tweets.