Food show lends flavor to taste buds

The Perry Cafeteria will hold its annual food show Thursday night from 5 to 7:30 p.m.
    The food show will be set up on tables at the left side of the cafeteria and is free with purchase of the Thursday night buffet for $10.95.
    Mehrzad Mohammad Netadj, director of dining services, said nine vendors showcase different foods. “The vendors will display entree items, as well as desserts and beverages.”
    The show provides the cafeteria with an opportunity to display new food and get student feedback, Netadj said.
    “The response from students help the cafeteria determine what foods that the cafeteria will serve for the next year,” Netadj said.
    “Local restaurants also attend the food show because it gives them a chance to view new products and potentially use them in their own businesses,” Netadj added.
    Tammy Curry, the cafeteria’s purchasing coordinator, said the food show is a special event for students.
    “The food show is a way to expose students to different foods and merchants. It shows them what’s new and it helps to keep them interested in the cafeteria. It also gives them a way to see how the cafeteria operates.” Curry said.
    Christopher Barnes, an MSU student, said he looks forward to the food show. “I attended the food show last year, and I was very pleased with the variety of food that was present. This year should be even better,” Barnes said.