Dressing for Bulldog Bash: keep your threads basic

Bulldog Bash, the ultimate combination of music, friends and fun, has finally arrived.
    I know what you’re thinking: What will I wear?
    As a seasoned Bulldog Bash attendee, let me give you some insight about bash fashion.
    I remember way back when – when I was a freshman, that is – my friends and I spent hours meticulously picking out our outfits and getting ready.
    I have a distinct memory of one of my friends wearing heels – big mistake.
    Bulldog Bash fashion tip No. 1: don’t wear heels, unless you really want to regret it tomorrow.
    Bulldog Bash requires a lot of walking.
    I recommend wearing flats – comfortable ones that won’t rub blisters on your feet.
    Not only will you be walking enough to burn off your dinner, you will be standing up during the concert.
    Really, the key to dressing for the bash is dressing for comfort.
    You’re on your feet a lot, it’s hot and it’s crowded in the Cotton District.
    If you want to have a fun night, keep this in mind when you’re searching your wardrobe for possible outfits.
    If you’re worried about fitting in with the crowd, don’t be.
    As with most MSU events, there’s a little bit of everything.
    You’ll have anything from people in T-shirts to people in dresses and heels – once again I don’t recommend the second option.
    I like to dress somewhere in between. I normally wear one of two outfits.
    Outfit No. 1 is a casual sundress.
    The most important trait that I look for in a dress for the Bash is length. I always shoot for knee length – or close to it.
    In my opinion, you’ll be a lot more comfortable if you aren’t worried about your dress riding up all night long.
    Once again, you’ll be doing a lot of walking.
    Another thing to shoot for in your dress is general comfort. You’ll be wearing it for a long time, so why not be comfortable?
    Outfit No. 2 is shorts and a cute top. For this outfit, I look for comfort and practicality, not something I will be tugging up or down all night, like a strapless shirt or short shorts.
    I can’t stress comfort enough.
    If you’re wearing your best cocktail dress and heels, no one is really going to be able to appreciate it with it being dark outside.
    Be causal. Be comfortable.
    So, you’ve got your comfy outfit picked out, but what about your purse?
    If you’re counting on setting it on the ground near you during the concert, think again. It’s most likely going to be too crowded in your area to pull that off. I recommend taking as little with you as possible.
    Wear a dress with pockets or stash all your stuff in a classically collegiate KAVU.
    Trust me – carrying a heavy purse on your shoulder is going to get really old, really quick.
    My last bit of advice is don’t buy anything new – you know I’m always looking to save a few bucks. Simply pull an old favorite out of your closet or borrow from a friend.
    If you really want to buy something new, save the money for a dress to wear on Homecoming or at your next date party.
    Bulldog Bash is hot and messy. You will be sweaty and you might get dirty – there’s a good possibility that you’ll step in beer or have it spilled on you at some point during the evening.
    You don’t want to buy something new and ruin it after one wear. Be practical with your budget.
    So, at the risk of being redundant, the most vital piece of advice I can give you is be comfortable. You won’t regret it.
    Now go out and listen to some Third Eye Blind tunes and get ready for a good time.
    Jennifer Puhr is a senior majoring in communication. She can be
    contacted at [email protected].