Welcome from MSU President Mark Keenum

Courtesy Photo | Office of the President
Dear New Bulldogs, welcome to Mississippi State University!

Dear New Bulldogs,

Welcome to Mississippi State University!

This moment marks the beginning of a truly special time in your life, and I want you to know you are on a campus where you can achieve your goals and pursue your dreams — in the classroom and beyond. Our faculty and staff are eager to assist with the transition to college life and to help you chart a successful path forward.

Your fellow students come from every corner of Mississippi, every state in the nation and more than 90 different countries around the world. You will gain so much by living and learning alongside those whose traditions and experiences are different from your own. You will find that our reputation as a welcoming and caring campus is much deserved as well.

Each of you has ability and promise, and I encourage you to make the most of all the opportunities you will have in the next few years. I will do everything in my power to make Mississippi State the university you deserve and expect it to be. We are committed to doing all we can to help you earn your degree. I hope you will make the same commitment to give your best — in the classroom and in upholding our timeless values of integrity, hard work and respect for others.

We are glad you’re here and look forward to getting to know you better. And remember, go to class — every class, every time!

Hail State!

Mark E. Keenum

President