Former students arrested for narcotics

Earlier this week, two Mississippi State University students were arrested in Starkville for unrelated narcotics charges.
Monday, Sept. 21 Christopher O’Bryan Lockhart, 22, a former MSU student, was arrested after officers from the Starkville Police Department conducted a field interview. Lockhart was found to be in possession of methamphetamine, cocaine and marijuana. According to a press released by the Starkville Police Department, the case is still under investigation. Lockhart’s bond was set at $50,000.
The next day, in an unrelated situation, SPD officers arrested Michael Edward Russell, 21, who was currently an MSU student. Russell was arrested at his residence after SPD served him a warrant for his arrest for the Sale of Schedule II Controlled Substance. 
Police obtained probable cause when they served Russell the warrant and subsequently the Oktibbeha County Justice Court issued a search warrant for Russell’s residence.  During the search SPD located a large quantity of narcotics. Among them; marijuana, THC wax (a form of marijuana), Vyvanse pills (similar to Adderall) and cocaine. In addition to the drugs SPD found an undisclosed amount of cash. Russell’s total bond was set at $60,000.  
Anyone with information concerning either incident should contact the Starkville Police Department at 662-323-4134.