Bad Dawgs: Jan. 17-31

Joshua Britt | The Reflector
Bad Dawgs Banner

January 17
Petit Larceny – A student reported jewelry stolen from her room in Hurst Hall while she was away for Christmas break.
Drug Violation – A student was issued a referral for possession of marijuana and paraphernalia in McKee Hall. 
January 18
No record was provided.
January 19
Medical Assistance – A student was having problems with her vision in Perry Cafeteria. EMTs were called, but no transport was needed. 
Lost and Found Property – A student reported her keys and ID missing. They were last seen in the Colvard Student Union. The property was later found. 
January 20
Harassment – A student reported being harassed by an unknown person he befriended on social media. 
Arrest – A student was arrested on B.S. Hood Drive for public drunkenness. A referral was issued. 
Arrest – A student was arrested on Barr Avenue for careless driving, possession of a fake ID, and DUI. 
Accident – A student reported his vehicle was hit while parked in the Sigma Chi parking lot, causing damages. 
Medical Assistance – An employee was found semi-conscious and breathing at the Wise Center. The subject was transported to OCH via ambulance. 
January 21
Arrest – A resident of the county/city was arrested on Blackjack Road for speeding 45 in a 30, a suspended driver’s license, and DUI. 
Accident – An employee reported a damaged stop sign on Barr Avenue. 
Arrest – A student was arrested on Hardy Rd. for speeding 47 in a 30, possession of marijuana, and DUI. 
January 22
Arrest – A student was arrested on B.S. Hood Drive for disregarding a traffic device and DUI. 
Door Prop – an officer responded to Holliman Athletic Complex for a propped door alarm. 
Trespassing – A student reported being harassed by her ex-boyfriend and showing up to her dorm at Deavenport Hall unannounced. 
January 23 
Stalking – A student reported being stalked by another student over cell phone. 
Fire (non-criminal) – Officers responded to a grease fire at the Templeton Athletic Complex cafeteria. SFD was called. 
Petit Larceny – A student reported that his cell phone was stolen from Ruby Hall. 
Extortion – A student reported he was extorted for money from an unknown person he met on social media. 
January 24
Lost/Found – A student reported losing his wallet on campus. 
January 25
Property Damage – A student reported her vehicle was possibly keyed while parked between Perry Cafeteria and Montgomery Hall on Jan. 22, 2023.
Fraud/Petit Larceny – An employee reported a Visa gift card purchased by the department was used fraudulently at a nearby Walmart. 
Medical Assistance – A student was transported to OCH from Deavenport Hall via ambulance for a possible overdose. 
January 26
Accident – Officers responded to a two car accident in the Herbert Hall parking lot. 
Arrest – A student was issued a post arrest citation and referral on Fraternity Row for simple assault and minor in possession of alcohol. 
January 27
Arrest – A student was issued a post arrest citation and referral for public drunkenness. 
Arrest – A student was issued a post arrest citation and referral in the Allen Hall parking lot for careless driving and possession of marijuana. 
Simple Assault – A student reported that she was being yelled at by another student over a parking space in the Hill Poultry Science parking lot. Referrals were issued to both students. 
Accident – A student reported her vehicle was hit while parked in front of Dudy Noble. 
January 28
Trespassing – An employee reported an unknown male trespassing in the Rice Hall basement. 
Accident – A student reported her vehicle was hit at the intersection of Stone and Blackjack and that the subject left the scene. 
Arrest – A student was issued a post arrest citation for minor in possession of alcohol on Robert L. Jones Circle. 
January 29
No records were provided. 
January 30
Medical Assistance – a student was transported to OCH from Critz Hall for stomach pains. 
Malicious Mischief – A student reported her car tire was damaged while parked in the Deavenport Hall parking lot. 
Accident – A student reported she was hit while stopped at the intersection of Bully Boulevard and that the suspect left the scene. 
Accident – A student reported backing into a parked vehicle in the Zacharias Village parking lot causing minor damages. 
January 31 
Medical Assistance – A student was transported to OCH from Mitchell Memorial Library for medical assistance. 
Harassment – An employee reported being harassed by an unknown male. 
Property Damage – A parking service attendant reported damages to a wheel lock he placed on a vehicle due to the subject driving off with the lock attached. 
Arrest – A student was issued a post arrest citation and referral for possession of marijuana in the Deavenport Hall parking lot. Referrals were also issued to three other students. 

Tanner Marlar
Tanner Marlar, Former Managing Editor
Tanner Marlar served as the Managing Editor from 2022 to 2023. He also served as the Sports Editor from 2021 to 2022.