Frankenburger: the lab-grown beef revolution

Science knows no bounds.  From the uncertain world of quantum to  dream imaging, scientists are nothing more than children in adult bodies frolicking around in the natural world experimentally proving/disproving just about anything they want. Earlier this summer a group of mad scientists made a breakthrough that could provide a loop hole for vegetarians who take a stand against slaughter houses and give  PETA a reason to throw a party: they have created meat.
  The Dutch created the world’s first lab-grown beef in a laboratory overseas, with the help of stem cell research, a centrifuge, breadcrumbs and a pinch of saffron. The Dutch were able to revolutionize the life of carnivores.  Not only is there no harm done to cows in the making of this beef, but the carbon footprint of this frankenburger is far less than what it would take to process meat from a real animal, not to mention there will be far less harassment from the Chick-fil-A cows.
    I know this lab burger is making you  salivate as you read, but you will have wait for awhile unless you want to dish out 350K for this whopper.  The good news is  the price is projected to fall quite quickly as soon as American capitalist find a way to make a profit.  Also, as a fast-food-consuming nation, we hopefully wouldn’t have to worry about the beef percentage of our Big Macs and chalupas anymore since the lab burger is 100 percent real beef.  I can only hope one day I will be able to order a McDonalds McFilet (mignon) with special steak sauce.  
   Rumors of  this burger making its way to my market immediately leaves my imagination running wild with an online business where you can order as much beef as you want with a variable fat content.  A modular beef business such as this would be sure to make millions by attracting beef connoisseurs and restaurant chefs.  With enough money backing this endeavor, protein can be delivered in delicious burger form to many who can’t afford it now.  Add a little genetic modification, and this burger could take a huge bite out of the problem of world hunger or be used as a source of protein for missions in space.
   An immediate downside to artificial beef is the impact it has on cattle ranchers.  It is always sad when a potential advancement threatens the income and career of hard workers.  However, if lab-grown beef does indeed become a cheaper alternative, then I believe it is up to the ranchers to modify their business to suit the times.  As heartless a solution as this may sound, adaptation is simply evolution whether it is in nature or business.  
   However, we shouldn’t expect our local Kroger to carry this beef for at least another decade or so.  As excited as I am to taste this delicacy, I will have to impatiently wait to feed it to my kids.