Student arrested for statutory rape, other sexual crimes

Lane E. Clark

Police arrested a Mississippi State University student for statutory rape, receiving child pornography and dissemination of sexually oriented materials to persons under 18 years old.
Lane E. Clark, 22-year-old junior psychology major of Starkville, was arrested for these crimes on Nov. 1.
According to a Starkville Police Department’s press release, these incidents occurred during September and October of 2018. Public Information Officer Brandon Lovelady said the incidents were reported Oct. 26.
In an article from The Dispatch, Starkville Municipal Court affidavits state Clark had a video of a person younger than 18 “engaging in sexually explicit conduct.” The affidavits also state he had sex with a child in his apartment on Highway 12, and he is accused of sending a photo of his penis to a child.
After the arrest last week, Clark was transported to Oktibbeha County Jail with a bond of $11,000. The jail later released him on bond.
MSU Chief Communications Officer Sid Salter said the university does not comment on criminal arrests in Starkville or Oktibbeha County.
The SPD requested anyone with information on the incidents contact the department at 662-323-4131, or the Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 1-800-530-7151.