Giving Days making impact on MSU

Mississippi State University’s third annual Hail State Giving Days will take place on April 18 and 19. The philanthropy event has a goal of receiving 1,000 gifts in the short time span of 48 hours. 
     Jana Berkery, director of MSU Annual Fund, coordinates the giving days. Berkery said the event has a really big impact on the university. She also said a gift of any size or amount is allowed. 
     “The smaller gifts build up. We receive around 400,000 dollars from gifts of one hundred dollars or less,” she said.
     Berkery said the best part of Hail State Giving Days is how the Bulldog family comes together to give back to what gave them so much.     
     Students also weighed in on the event. Olivia Sanguinetti, president of the Foundation Ambassadors and senior communication major, said the Hail State Giving Days had one of the biggest impacts on the university and the people involved. 

Sanguinetti said the event is a way for students, alumni and friends all over to connect for a common purpose.
    She said as president of Foundation Ambassadors, she will utilize the ambassador team to spread the word about giving days.  
The ambassador team will be set up in Colvard Student Union on both days of the event. She said she will push the Foundation Ambassadors to help make the event a success. 
   “We hope to grow the giving days,” Sanguinetti said.
   Sanguinetti said one of the best parts of the Hail State Giving Days is the coming together of different groups, such as students, alumni and friends for one reason and purpose.
Alivia Roberts, sophomore communication major, said the giving days give students and alumni an opportunity to invest in Mississippi State’s future. 
  “Education is such a crucial thing that needs to be funded for our state,” Roberts said.
   Roberts said the best part of Hail State Giving Days is when a donator realizes their contributions no matter the size will make a lasting impact for Mississippi State University.
  The funds produced in the giving days will go to featured projects all over MSU’s campus, which are listed on hailstategiving.com. Berkery said a gift can be given to any of the projects, but if a donator wishes to give to an area of the university that is not included in the featured projects, the donator can call the annual giving office at the MSU Foundation.
   Roberts said the event will impact future decisions about different events and changes for the university, which might not happen without donations from the Bulldog community.
There will be a station set up in the student union for donations during Hail State Giving Days. She said donations can also be made by calling 662-325-1834 or online at hailstategiving.com.