The All-American Rejects headlining Bulldog Bash

Emma Moffett – The Reflector

Mississippi State Student Association will host its annual Bulldog Bash Sept. 28 with local stage performances beginning at 3 p.m. and headliner The All-American Rejects taking the stage at 7 p.m.
The largest free outdoor concert in Mississippi, Bulldog Bash will bring thousands to Starkville. It will be held the night before the MSU vs. Florida game at Davis Wade Stadium. Students, faculty, residents of Starkville and out-of-towners will all gather together to watch various entertainment acts.
Other events will occur throughout the day, including Maroon Market and other happenings put on by various vendors.
Madi LaManna, a MSU sophomore, said she is excited for The All-American Rejects because the opportunity it provides to see a live performance for free, and for the convenience of it being in Starkville.
“When they announced the band, I got so excited because they used to be my favorite band in middle school,” LaManna said.
Maroon Market, which consists of local food vendors, store vendors and music artists will begin at 3 p.m. In the past, the festival also hosted various family-friendly activities, such as cooking competitions and pep rallies.
The winner of the Battle of the Bands will also take the stage at Bulldog Bash.
David Cuevas, the director for Bulldog Bash, said the MSU Student Association works diligently to provide the best and most enjoyable experience for students and visitors.
“Based on people that were available and within our price range, we believe they (The All-American Rejects) will put on the best show,” Cuevas said.
The committee chose this band due to its popularity and throwback jams everyone will be pumped for, along with availability of the artist. Cuevas also said picking the artist takes a lot of time and effort, including everyone sending in ideas, researching availability of the bands, meeting deadlines and staying in the price range for the event.
Rachel Foreman, the artist relations coordinator, expressed her excitement about the event, and is positive about the response to come from students.
“We are super excited for this feel-good lineup that will bring an upbeat and lively show,” Foreman said.
Foreman also said because this is a very significant game weekend for the Bulldogs, she is excited to bring artists everyone is guaranteed to know. Some of The All-American Rejects’ main hits include, “Gives you Hell” and “Dirty Little Secret.”
The Student Association and Bulldog Bash personnel are also excited and honored to host The Mowgli’s and Ric Wilson, who will also perform Friday night at the bash.
“We are also super excited to host The Mowgli’s because everyone is guaranteed to know and love a couple of their hits,” Foreman said.  
This free, all-day event will be sure to entertain, excite, and hype up not only the faithful fans of MSU, but also the fans of food, music, and of course, The All-American Rejects.