Candidates acted childish in debate

We are beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel everyone; the election will be upon us in just a few weeks. Until then, we have one more debate between President Obama and Candidate Romney.
  The first debate I thought was just a poor showing from both sides, granted Romney did come out with more energy than President Obama showed all night.
  However, Tuesday’s debate between the president and his challenger took on a new tone: unprofessionalism.
   In a town hall setting with undecided voters all around them it seemed at times Obama and Romney were going to come to blows.
   Does this not bother anyone the president and the man who has a very good chance to become the president could not debate and act like adults in front of, not only the country, but the many millions of people watching all over the world?
  The president and governor Romney would use the questions the 82 voters were allowed to ask as a spring board to get into what they want to do in office or to throw blame on the other for actions in the past. It was disrespectful.
When I think about this in detail I think back to a political science class that I took last spring called “the presidency,” and we studied the different presidents, their policies and the elections throughout American history.
I remember my professor saying something along the line of, “in debates candidates seldom answer the questions asked of them, rather they answer the question they wish had been asked.”
I think President Obama and governor Romney did a great job of sticking to that plan of not really answering the voter’s questions directly.
A good example of this is when one of the voters asked the question related to gas prices; Romney attacked the president’s policies and then said what his energy policy will be, Obama defended himself and then proceeded to say what his policy on energy will be in the next term all while never answering the voter’s question.
I think what America got to see last night was a microcosm of what is going on at all levels of government in the United States; politicians getting too wrapped up in politics and rhetoric to do their jobs.
I hope in the next debate we see the president and governor Romney show a little restraint and act like adults.
Will this final debate be enough to give Governor Romney or President Obama the lead in the race?
Probably not because I think most voters’ minds are already made up,  but its going to be a very interesting home stretch.