Eight great aspects of Dudy Noble Field

Lany Wallace | The Reflector

Dudy Noble Field with the Left Field Lounge to the left, and outfield rigs to the right.

It’s a nearly impossible task to find just eight notable parts of Mississippi State University’s Dudy Noble Field. However, the impossible has been accomplished, and the eight greatest aspects of Dudy Noble Field have been defined as follows. 

No. 1: The nicknames. Starkville natives know the stadium is never called by its full name. Bulldog fans prefer names like “The Dude” or “The Carnegie Hall of College Baseball”. A simple online search of these terms brings up a plethora of Dudy Noble Field links, videos and photos to explore. 

No. 2: The attendance. Dudy Noble Field is a true test to the saying “If you build it they will come.” The field holds pretty much every NCAA College Baseball attendance record. In April 2014, the NCAA wrote, “Mississippi State University broke an on-campus attendance record with 15,586 fans on Saturday”.

No. 3: The Left Field Lounge. This is arguably one of the most unique parts of the Dude. You won’t find anything like this in other college towns. Left Field Lounge is the best spot to watch the Dawgs. The only place better would be the Left Field Lofts, which are situated just above the Lounge. These Lofts come with a hefty price-tag but are sure to create an unforgettable game day experience. According to the Hail State website the lofts are a, “season-long cost of $45,000”.

No. 4: Dudy Noble has its very own Twitter account. Follow @DudyNobleField to keep up with all things MSU Baseball and the Dude. 

No. 5: The outfield rigs. From fraternities to families, the outfield rigs are filled with maroon memories to be made. Currently, there are 86 rigs up for grabs each season. 

No.6: This one is a controversial part of Dudy Noble Field. The Dude has a mix of turf home-plate, and dirt infield. This sparks controversy among fans since some don’t feel that a turf batters box is true baseball fashion. 

No.7: The Dudy Noble scoreboard. According to For Whom the Cowbell Tolls, “The largest scoreboard in college baseball is set to be installed at the Dude before baseball begins for the 2017 season.” If you’re missing the action on the field, you will surely be able to see it from the scoreboard. 

No. 8: The Dude is home to the 2021 College World Series National Champions. After many appearances the Bulldogs were finally able to bring home the gold, and that makes calling Dudy Noble home even sweeter.