Alumni Association director announced

After three months of reading resumes and conducting countless interviews, the search for the new executive director for the Alumni Association has finally come to an end as Jeff Davis, a seasoned alumni association executive at Stephen F. Austin University, was awarded the position. 
The search began in June after the retirement of Jimmy Abraham, who served at Mississippi State University for 38 years. Jeff Davis will begin as the executive director in November. 
Davis has a family history of former Bulldogs as his grandfather played football at MSU in the late 1930s and graduated from the university in 1940 with an engineering degree. 
“Being able to lead the Alumni Association and make a positive impact at my grandfather’s alma mater is something extremely special to me, my father and the Davis family,” Davis said in an email interview. “Everyone here in Starkville at MSU from my first trip to campus has been so friendly and welcoming, and each visit has felt more and more like home. Our family is so looking forward to making MSU and Starkville our new home.”
According to the Alumni Association website, the job of the executive director of the Alumni Association is to provide leadership, direction and support as he or she carries out the Alumni Association’s mission. Davis will work with Alumni Association board, officers and staff as they develop and implement programs that will build relationships with current and future alumni. 
Davis said he plans to meet with alumni, volunteers and students in order to understand expectations of the Alumni Association and how it generates support to meet the goals of MSU. 
“There is a foundation of success at MSU, a tremendous team of staff and volunteers at the MSU Alumni Association, and together we will look to see where we can create and improve meaningful engagement opportunities for MSU Alumni to connect and reconnect with each other and Mississippi State University,” Davis said. 
Davis said that he is excited to be working with the Alumni Association as everyone is very focused on moving forward, and alumni are very passionate about their university. 
“It is a dynamic time at Mississippi State University, and being able to be a part of the MSU team, work with a talented and dedicated Alumni Association staff, passionate volunteers and proud Mississippi State graduates to help advance the institution forward is something I am tremendously excited about.  Wearing the Maroon and White, being part of the history and tradition at MSU and be part of the Bulldog family is a true blessing to our family,” Davis said.