Being introverted is not a bad thing

Our society views extraverted people with admiration, while, on the other hand, introversion is frowned upon. Extraverts receive positive marks as social butterflies, and introverts are known to be socially awkward and inept.
As an introvert, I can accept the label “socially awkward” because introverts, by definition, have a different point of focus than extroverts do. They usually are not as socially in-tune or graceful. However, as for being inept, I disagree. 
Society acts as if introverts are outsiders. Common assumptions like these and many others are incorrect. Introverts are neither unfortunate, nor doomed. Just as a baby must crawl before they can walk, so too an introvert must put forth effort for social prestige and success, if it is what they desire.
Too often introversion and extraversion are confused. Introverts are not exactly socially incapable, and to be extroverted does not automatically equal being socially gifted.
Charles R. Martin from the Myers & Briggs Foundation states the distinction between an introvert and an extravert lies in what events they attend and where they get their energy.
Extraverts get a kick from being around other people, and thus are more focused on the social aspects of life. Socializing is their source of zest and is a requirement.
Introverts are the opposite: they get their energy from solitude, and are not as or exclusively socially focused.
Introverts attend to other aspects of life rather than having a strict social focus. Introverts are not socially constrained. We do not have rigid and fixed social exhibition styles like our extraverted peers.
Because of our relatively small social focus, we are not weighed down by the demands, the expectations or the implicit rules that come with being social.
We can be completely anti-social or regard being social as something frivolous. I feel this is why people misunderstand introverts. We are not as governed by “the social rules.” We are just a different breed.
Does this mean we are unfortunate or doomed?
There is nothing wrong with being an introvert. Being able to focus on things other than socializing is a gift for many reasons.
An extravert that is trying to fit in or get the social appeal desired may end up with a frail character. Each crowd is different; the eager extravert must modify their behavior according to the different crowds confronted in order to win them over. As they cross different paths, their characters change.
With introverts, this is highly unlikely. We are the individualists. Modifying behavior from person-to-person or crowd-to-crowd is a strenuous and irrelevant activity.
Originality and depth are our inborn characteristics. The portrayal of our unique character is more important than a reputation or fitting in. We remain who we are from person to person, whether we fit in or not.
For this reason, we make for outstanding leaders. Behavioral consistency makes for an unmissable charisma, especially if an introvert has other likable qualities.
Laura Schocker from the Huffington Post lists some of the prominent introverted leaders: Bill Gates, Abraham Lincoln, Mahatma Gandhi, Albert Einstein and even Rosa Parks were of the most noteworthy. These introverts, all in their own ways, have inspired innovations now fundamental in contemporary times.
In addition, many introverts are still as social as everyone else. Research from psychologists Roy Baumeister and Mark Leary states all humans have a fundamental need to belong: a need for pleasant, frequent interactions and relational bonds.
Put even more precisely, we as humans need humans. In the context of introversion and extraversion, introverts need and want to belong and interact, but just need it less or less often than an extrovert. When we act based on this need, it is in a distinct and perhaps an uncommon way.
For extraverts, it is the complete opposite. Belonging is their top proirity.
Either way, we are all human and want to feel like such.
I do not see the ill-fated when looking at introverts. If an introvert has a social agenda, it will show. If not, then surely our point of focus is on something else we value, like the more intimate relationships in whcih we do entangle ourselves.
Introverts have an unfortunate flaw? Not at all. Doomed socially? No, it just takes time and effort. We just have an inborn disposition different from what society glamorizes. Individuality, originality and uniqueness should be praised rather than shamed.
To any introverts out there, take pride in your inherited nature. Accept yourself and the social freedom you have. If you want to attain social prevalence, just do it.
Introversion stigmas are only true if you believe them and do not aspire beyond them. All-encompassing acceptance and growth are signs of maturity. Thus, introverts should grow past the negative stagnation of society’s perceptions.