An unbiased judge: Why Supreme Court needs Gorsuch

For the first time in over a year, the Supreme Court is close to having nine justices sitting on the bench of the highest court in the land. The republican majority in congress has given Judge Neil Gorsuch a leg up on being confirmed by the senate in the coming weeks. In fact, Gorsuch’s confirmation is inevitable.

According to commondreams.org, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell has repeatedly stated that the “nuclear option” is still on the table should democrats move to block Gorsuch’s nomination. The nuclear option means the republican controlled senate can lower the vote tally to a party line vote instead of requiring 60 votes to confirm Gorsuch.  This would leave the democrats completely helpless and there is nothing they would be able to do about it. 

Reuters states Senate Democratic leader Chuck Schumer said on Tuesday that colleagues were unimpressed by Gorsuch’s committee performance because of his unwillingness to answer substantive questions. However, Schumer is just playing partisan politics and is unhappy with what he has heard from Gorsuch because he is not falling into traps or making controversial statements during his confirmation hearings.

Judge Gorsuch is an exceptional man and a religious student of the law of the land. The Constitution was written by our founders in a way that brilliantly protects citizens. It also orders federal and district judges— as well as Supreme Court justices— to implement the law as it was written, not how they feel it should have been written.

The judicial branch is becoming a very dangerous threat to the constitution itself and is doing exactly the opposite of what it is supposed to do. Politics should have no part in the judicial branch, but we have seen radical left-wing judges strike down executive orders from President Trump for matters that have nothing to do with the constitution. It is imperative that a judge be confirmed based on his respect and correct following of the constitution.

The president promised that he would nominate a judge that upholds the law of the land. There is no doubt that Neil Gorsuch is the man for this job.

“There is no such thing as a Republican judge or a Democratic judge. We just have judges in this country,” Gorsuch said.

Gorsuch is the type of person we need on the nation’s highest court. We need individuals who make decisions based on the law instead of their personal feelings about a case. Every American deserves to be heard by fair-minded, and disciplined judges. Neil Gorsuch is as disciplined as they come and he tells you how it is whether that is what you want to hear or not.

“Putting on a robe reminds us judges that it’s time to lose our egos and open our minds,” Gorsuch said. 

This cannot be more true.