Can the American public get Justin Bieber deported?

It is a known fact that celebrities have no secrets. Everything they do, particularly celebrities who are always in trouble, is broadcast to the public. Broadcasting companies release information because they know it is what we want to hear. But even getting into mischief has its advantages in the celebrity business world. The more public attention a celebrity gets, the better.
   But now another celebrity has stepped up to the plate. Justin Bieber, originally a citizen of Canada, has gradually played on the same strategy. Young adults and older generations generally tend to mock Bieber, but his apparent success with the younger generation was enough for the United States to issue the star a Visa on his so-called talent alone. But a celebrity with Bieber’s shaky status often shows out for attention at some point.
   It was no surprise to me that he was recently charged in Miami, Fla., with drag-racing, a DUI and resisting arrest. The public outrage was even more fueled when he admitted he takes prescription drugs, smokes marijuana and drinks underage. These recent events caused the already high number of signatures on the White House’s “We the People” site petition requesting for Bieber’s deportation to escalate to well over 100,000 — requiring the White House to respond to it.
  ABC News recently released the official statement of the petition. It reads, “We the people of the United States feel that we are being wrongly represented in the world of pop culture. We would like to see the dangerous, reckless, destructive and drug abusing, Justin Bieber, deported and his green card revoked.”
   But is this enough to get the 19-year-old pop star deported? It looks doubtful. You don’t have to be a celebrity to figure out the charges Bieber now faces are common. In other words, the White House needs a little more to go on than a simple case of reckless driving. Especially since the police were unable to find drugs when they searched Bieber’s private jet.
   We also can’t deny Bieber fits in with a large pool of celebrities when it comes to drugs, alcohol and being uncooperative with the law in a nonviolent way. The simple truth is that for Bieber to be deported under the immigration law, the recent events of his arrest will have to be set aside. The White House is generally more concerned if a case involves violence, not an out-of-control teenager. Bieber should consider himself lucky that he hasn’t had a violent encounter with law enforcement.
   But what about the Bieber scenarios that were reported in the news but overlooked? The fact that Bieber might have done thousands of dollars of damage to his neighbor’s home in Los Angeles might have been enough for the White House to respond. Whether or not he was involved in the egg-tossing incident is still under investigation. The pop singer is also known to mistreat his fans, even going so far as to spit on one of them from a balcony.
     One of the most embarrassing of Bieber’s actions is the disrespectful way he represents the U.S. Since the U.S. chooses to support his fame, his actions mostly fall back on the U.S., not Canada. Bieber’s behavior is the root of his bad reception with the general public. Evidence for this can be found in his recent mug shot, which he doesn’t really seem to mind. It all goes back to the celebrity business world as far as he is concerned. His statement that he hopes Anne Frank would have been a “Belieber” when he visited her hiding place and his appearance when he met the Prime Minister of Canada show he has little regard for how he represents the U.S.
   David Leopold from Fox News points out that some of these behaviors could be enough to have Bieber deported if proven true — but not a simple traffic violation. Leopold also poses the question: what would happen if Bieber was not a celebrity? Would he still be able to get away with his behavior if he were a common man? If a celebrity is disrespectful, should he or she really have the joy of attention? Does he or she really deserve his or her fame when there are so many talented people out there who never get a chance?
   For now, it will be shocking if the White House does make a decision to deport Justin Bieber. But, according to Leopold, the young celebrity should learn to watch his behavior.
   “Bieber might want to take a moment to consider that legally he is a guest in this country. And a guest who wears out his legal welcome runs the risk of being shown the door,” he said.