Bush more credible, better leader than Kerry

While reading Nick Thompson’s personal review of the first presidential debate, I became extremely annoyed at the unfair, ridiculous and ignorant comments he made about our president.
    It saddens me to think that, unfortunately, there are other pitiful people like Mr. Thompson out there supporting Kerry’s campaign. I would never support a candidate (i.e. Mr. Kerry) who is indecisive and whose morals are no higher than that of the common criminal.
    Since Bush has been in office, he has never gone back on his word or exhibited diffidence when discussing controversial issues. He supports and believes in the American people and is determined to make this country a safe place for me, Mr. Thompson and the rest of the nation to live in.
    Although Kerry claims that he is capable of fulfilling the same things for America, it seems to me that his track record does not indicate that he is able to do so. Let’s not forget about the infamous swift boat incidents and his ever-changing position concerning the war in Iraq.
    Bush, on the other hand, is steadfast in his word and points out, “We change tactics when we need to, but don’t change our beliefs.”
    I understand that it is not always easy to go against the crowd and do the right thing, but the future of America is at stake if the right thing to do is ignored and Kerry is elected president.
    So, Mr. Thompson, my advice to you is maybe you should re-evaluate your principles and take a closer look at who the real Mr. Kerry is and what he stands for-either that or stay at home Nov. 2.
    Ashley Young is a junior English major.