Reveille yearbook goes all color

The MSU Reveille is offering several new features for students in its yearbook thanks to new digital technology and a new publishing contract.
    The Reveille obtained a five-year contract with Taylor Publishing in August, which means next year’s annual will be all-color. They are also expected to be the largest published at MSU since 1999.
    Patti Reiss, editor of the Reveille, said: “We are excited about the new contract. It has eased office operations, and we no longer have to worry about how we will make it to next year.”
    Reiss said the loss of student funds, the university wide “budget crunch,” and a lack of student fees greatly affected the Reveille’s production, causing the number of books published to be cut in half since 2000.
    She said that until the year 2000, approximately 4,000 copies of the Reveille were being ordered for each edition. In contrast, from 2001 to 2003, only 1,200 copies were ordered, greatly reducing the availability of the yearbook to students.
    As a result of the new contract, the Reveille is no longer required to obtain additional sources of revenue in order to fund itself, and has canceled the Miss Reveille fundraiser as a result. Also, a half-page is now being provided for free in the yearbook for all student organizations on campus.
    The 2002-2003 Reveille will arrive within two weeks. They were delayed due to technical difficulties created from switching to the use of the new digital technology in producing the yearbook, Reiss said.
    “I hope the people will make a greater effort to appear in the Reveille, to come and get student organizations included, and get student pictures taken,” Reiss said.
    She added that photographers will be returning to campus from Oct. 21-24 for the last time this semester to take student pictures.
    Meagan Medley, academics section editor, said: “I really feel the yearbook will appeal to more students because they have a better chance to be in it this year. Their opportunities are better because organizations now can have a half-page in the yearbook for free.”
    “When I decided to come to State, I knew I was going to be a die-hard Bulldog fan. Through working with the Reveille, it is allowing me to do so,” said student life editor Rebecca Boyd.