Steakhouse opens for business

Opening a restaurant has always been a dream for Dodds and Gina Gentry. Their dream came true on March 5, here in Starkville where they opened Gentry’s Steakhouse.
    If you are in the mood for steak this is the place to dine out. However they offer a variety of entrees, if your mouth is watering for something else. Pick and choose from pasta dishes, fresh salads, seafood, steaks and more.
    All steaks are hand cut and the bread is baked fresh daily. To top off the bread, the Gentry’s make homemade honey butter from local honey.
    Gentry’s even takes reservations. So if you are not the type who likes to sit and wait on a table, call ahead of time. They are open Mon.-Sat., 4:30-9:30 p.m., but if you have a private party of 20 or more during the day they will be glad to open the doors for you and your party. Each entrZe comes with a salad, potato and bread. A couple can eat for under 40 dollars and there is even a kid’s menu for children 10 and under.
    This fine dining restaurant is decorated to perfection. The brick dust walls make for a lived in look while offering an comfortable atmosphere . Artwork is established near each table and mirrors are hung throughout.
    “My experience there was such an enjoyable one,” Legends Salon stylist Page Spencer said. “I would reccomend it to anyone. My husband and I can’t wait to go back.”
    “The desserts at this place were awesome. It was one of the best parts of my meal,” Legends salon stylists Melanie Kelly said. “I was pleased by the prices
    of the meals as well. very reason
    able for what they offer.”
    The elegant restaurant ambiance is sure to please while remaining family-friendly. In addition, the entire building is non-smoking .
    Already Gentry’s has employed 30 people. This is a plus during this economic time. The restaurant seats up to 128 people and by Super Bulldog Weekend they hope to open the front patio for guests. There is even a private dining room for special occasions or for a big group.
    Be sure to stop in for a quiet low key evening a Gentry’s Steakhouse. To make reservations ahead of time call, 323-1967.