SA prepares for Miss MSU pageant

Mississippi State University’s Student Association is preparing to host this year’s Miss MSU pageant on Feb. 7 for the women of MSU. “This pageant is a great scholarship opportunity for any female that is a full-time student of MSU with a 2 or higher grade point average,” coordinator of the event Rosanne Hilbun said.
    The SA and Student Life are sponsoring this pageant and the winner of the pageant receives a $1,000 scholarship and is able to go compete in Vicksburg during the first week of July for many scholarships and the title of Miss Mississippi.
    The runner up and third place contestants of the Miss MSU pageant receive a scholarship also. The runner-up replace Miss MSU if she is not able to attend the Miss Mississippi pageant.
    The contestants of the Miss MSU pageant will be required to compete in an extensive interview, talent, swimsuit and evening wear competitions.
    The SA needs to receive applications from all females interested in competing by Jan. 30 at 5 p.m.
    This year’s event will be hosted by the previous Miss MSU Laranda Moffet, Miss Mississippi Becky Pruett, and Mike Richardson, the development officer for the school of architecture.
    This year’s event will take place in the Union Ballroom at 7 p.m. and tickets will be sold at the door for $5 for MSU students, and $7 for all others.
    As Hilbun explains she “looks forward to having all the women of MSU come out and show their Bulldog spirit by being a participant in this annual tradition. This pageant has had some of the university’s most beautiful and intelligent women compete for its crown and the right to be called Miss MSU.”
    The Miss MSU pageant has provided Mississippi with many of its top 10 contestants through out the years Miss MSU has been competing in the Miss Mississippi pageant.
    For any additional information about the Miss MSU pageant, contact Hilbun in the SA Office located right next to MSU Bakery and can be contacted at 325-3917.
    “We look forward to seeing you all there so come out and support the women of MSU as they compete for this prestigious crown,” Hilbun said.