No Doubt, Garbage headline Voodoo Fest

Where would you go in late October and early November if you wanted to find a festival were you can dance to the music of No Doubt and Garbage, have a good time to the Counting Crows, pleasure your ears to the sound of Macy Gray, get up and get crazy to 311 and do countless other insane and sane things to a variety of other different bands? It’s all going down at the Voodoo 02 Fest located in the moss drapes and Spanish oaks of New Orleans’ Voodoo Island.
    “It’s been great to see the event grow over the last four years,” Steve Rehage of Rehage Entertainment said. “Our goal is to develop one of the world’s greatest music festivals with artist from varying genres coming together in New Orleans to worship the music. We now have attendees from all over the United States; ultimately we’re creating a new Halloween tradition.”
    Halloween Weekend and on into Nov. 2, Voodoo will have exciting bands like those mentioned above as well as the likes of Sum 41, the rhymes of Nappy Rootz and the dance, rock and soul music from The Crystal Method. The Executioners make an appearance as do Galactic, Jurassic, DJZ-Trip, J5 and Cut Chemist. Michael Franti and Spearhead, Jack Johnson, North Mississippi Allstars play some rock and blues, and the Blind Boys of Alabama will also put an extra twist to the already spinning line up.
    Voodoo After Dark is a series of shows created in conjunction with the House of Blues that feature well-known national and local talent performing in events throughout the night. There will also be Road to Voodoo, a coast-to-coast three-band tour concluding with a final show in New Orleans on Nov 1.
    On the week of the festival voodoo has teamed up with some of the hotels to offer really good deals to the “worshipers,” as Steve Rehage would put it. As of now those hotel names have not been released. For more information on hotel rooms, restaurants and everything else cool to do in New Orleans, visit www.nola.com.
    For more information about Voodoo ’02, visit www.voodoomusicfest.com.