Comedy troupe returns to Starkville

Bulldogs get ready for a “DAMN!” good time! The DAMN! Show premieres their tenth episode at Rick’s CafZ tomorrow night at 10 p.m.
    “DAMN! Show X is the funniest and most outrageous show we’ve done so far,” Waco, one of the founders, said.
    They bring a mix of animated shorts, sketch comedy, pranks, music, man-on-the-street interviews and standup comedy to the stage. The DAMN! Show pushes the limit on comedy for all young adults. The cast got their name from their audiences saying, “Damn!”
    Waco, Matt Chastain, Roger Black, John Radcliff, Zac Pope, Lee Sanders and Nathan Wright make up the cast of the racy, raunchy group. Also on tour with them is the infamous, angry, alcoholic, big-mouthed Yuko the Clown. Yuko has appeared on Howard Stern and will soon be a part of Stern’s version of “Hollywood Squares.”
    The DAMN! Show has sold out shows in many venues including the Georgia Theater where bands like REM, Widespread Panic and Blues Traveler played.
    They have aired their episodes in between bands, and they brought in larger crowds for their performance than the bands did. The guys have continually shocked their wide fan base all around the Southeast. Their episodes air on 24 college campus channels including University of Georgia, Georgia Tech and the University of Alabama. They insist that if Mississippi State University digs their show, students should request it to be played on MSU’s channel 30.
    The cast of The DAMN! Show met at the University of Georgia when Waco founded the Delta Chi fraternity chapter. Using digital cameras, they would film side-splitting skits and their wild comedy routines.
    “In the house we had a dog who would literally hump everything from sleeping bags to people’s legs,” Waco said. “It was so freaking funny we recorded it and added it to our first episode.”
    The first episode aired on a cable access show, but the general manager kicked their show to the curb after “Hump Dog” aired. The second episode featured “Scary Wolf” and was shown on Real TV three years ago. He refers to the prank “Scary Wolf,” where a wolf hides in a garbage can and jumps out to scare people.
    “A lot of people want to say we copied ‘Jackass,’ but actually they have copied some of our pranks,” Waco said.
    The DAMN! Show says they have tried to make it in the industry themselves, but have gotten “black-balled in Hollywood.”
    The DAMN! Show is talking with the big dogs from Comedy Central and Showtime to have the DAMN! episodes aired. “Don’t get me wrong–‘Jackass’ is funny, but after you have seen them do everything it gets old. We are much funnier than those guys are,” Waco said.
    Waco adds that they do not torture themselves for laughs. Instead, they let their shock comedy do it for them.
    All of The DAMN! Show episodes and their CD can be purchased at Rick’s tomorrow night or on their Web site, www.damnshow.com. The episodes can be seen on VHS and DVD.
    This tour is a first for The DAMN! Show and will finish up in Sin City, Las Vegas. The troupe invites everyone out to witness their wild and crazy antics. Admission is $6 at the door.
    “Our shows are dirty, and that’s the way we like it!” Waco said.